Irdeto BD+ Blu-ray copy protection enables studios to protect high definition Blu-ray® Disc content and deliver a seamless, high-quality consumer experience. BD+ Blu-ray copy protection uses self-protecting digital content (SPDC) technology to provide a layer of title-specific copy protection for Blu-ray content. Through BD+ Blu-ray copy protection, Blu-ray content owners can control and manage copy protection security across devices — and create an optimal experience for consumers using a broad range of media players.
Advantages of Irdeto BD+ Blu-ray copy protection include
Enhanced copy protection for Blu-ray content
- BD+ Blu-ray copy protection addresses security needs not supported by other technologies, including Blu-ray player tampering, media cloning attacks, distribution of tools and methods for stealing keys, and BD-J protection.
- Blu-ray copy protection is title-specific and updateable.
- SPDC provides an additional layer of Blu-ray copy protection to respond dynamically to security threats.
Expanded Blu-ray sales and business opportunities
- BD+ Blu-ray copy protection helps secure the studio release window by providing new copy protection on new discs.
- BD+ Blu-ray copy protection enables content activation based on numerous criteria including PINs, release dates, and previous content purchases.
Title specific and renewable security
Security is title-specific and updateable, making it more difficult for hackers to develop a solution that can override BD+ on all titles.
Secure content release window
New and updateable security on every title ensures that every new release is protected during the content release window — maximizing Blu-ray Disc sales and ROI for content owners.
New business models around Blu-ray content
BD+ enables multiple means to activate content, including previous consumer purchases and special codes — allowing content owners to build new monetization models around their Blu-ray content.
Invisible to legitimate consumers
BD+ helps avoid revocation and other more intrusive responses to piracy, enhancing user playback experience.